- Receive tutoring in any K-14 math course
- Use convenient online tutoring with Skype and Scribblar
- Build math and study skills
- Master skills to alleviate math and test anxiety
- Discover the neuroscience that supports student success
- Develop your identity as a competent math learner and mathematician
- Develop math language proficiency
(Rate is $100/hour for math instruction or tutoring)
Upcoming… Combat Summer Math Learning Loss
I am offering two six-week, ACTIV8 MATH ONLINE SUMMER MATH COURSE/TUTORIALS via Skype and Scribblar. Courses begin during the week of June 18, 2018.
- Each of the six, one-hour sessions will be limited to 2-3 students, so students will be paired with a learning partner–or they can enroll with friends.
- These are interactive, problem-based courses that will bolster skills necessary for excelling in Algebra I or Algebra II in 8th grade or high school.
- Activities are designed to shift student attitudes toward a Growth Mindset and feeling more confident as competent math learners and mathematicians.
- Activities will utilize the Common Core Math approach and the 8 Mathematical Practices.
- The online format of the class makes it perfect for students who are traveling, but still want to devote time to strengthening their math skills over the summer.
The price is $500 for the six week course. Please submit a $100 deposit by April 30th to reserve a space. Full payment is due by May, 30, 2018. Contact me at email@example.com or 707.483.5113 with questions, to enroll, or to try out the online format. Students will need a tablet and pen to take online courses.
“Felicia Darling has been tutoring our daughter in her sophomore year in Algebra 1 A for 3 months and we have been very pleased with her assistance. We moved here in the middle of the school year from Europe and my daughter had to catch up fast. Felicia very quickly understood my daughter’s academic level and adapted the tutoring accordingly. Felicia has a deep insight in the curriculum and we fully trust her ability to tutor the required skills. Felicia addresses current gaps in knowledge and has also taught my daughter strategies that can help her understand and easily solve math problems for the future. Felicia is very flexible and we are comfortable having her in our home. We can highly recommend her.” -Marianne- Palo Alto, CA
“Felicia Darling has helped my son a great deal with his very challenging math problems ranging from pre-Calculus to Calculus 2. She understands the math deeply — my son said Felicia seems to know the material even better than his teacher, and his teacher is excellent. I’m grateful that Felicia takes a whole-child approach to teaching, and works with my son and me so that we can understand what motivational, organizational, or study skills obstacles that are impeding his progress. She brings a wealth of knowledge, experience and good humor to the work she does with my son. She is an inspiring person and excellent tutor!” -M.R.- Palo Alto, CA
This is from the parent of an 8th grade student that went from a C to an A in algebra: “Thought you might want to see this email from [his son’s teacher], because you played a role in an amazing turnaround. Thank you.” Teacher: “[He] has taken so much responsibility for his work, and has done so well in Algebra class, that he has risen to being one of the top students in all of my Algebra classes. He participates very well in class, does good quality homework, checks his work, and even explains to other students how to solve problems. Earlier in the year, we had talked about him repeating Algebra in high school. Now, I feel he could move ahead and take Geometry.” -P.C.- Los Altos, CA