• Make Cultural Assets Count in Community College: Lessons learned from piloting math tasks in a Yucatec Maya school. (July, 2020) Innovation Abstracts, 7(25), by NISOD at University of Texas, Austin.
• Felicia Darling and others respond to Education Week’s Larry Ferlazzo’s question,”What do you say to an educator who says, ‘I don’t see race when I teach’?” (2020)
• Community College Instructors are Frontline Workers in TCP Blog (2020)
• Responding to Absenteeism During the Pandemic and Beyond, Education Week (2020)
• Book Review of Teachin’ It!, Teachers College Record (2020)
• Fair is not Equal, Education Week (2019)
• Student Agency is Ownership, Education Week (2019)
• Interview by Scott Jaschik, Inside Higher Ed (2019
• Chronicle of Higher Education Selected Books on Higher Education (2019)
• How to Make Authentic Research Experiences Widely Available, Chronicle of Higher Education (2019)
RESEARCH ARTICLES & PRESENTATIONS:
• NISOD Teachin’ It! Series on reaching and teaching community college students online, October 2020.
• Darling, F. & Barragan, M. (2021). ¿Esto es matemáticas? Estrategias para resolver problemas matemáticos en una comunidad Maya en Yucatán. (under review).
•Achieving the Dream 2020 Plenary, February, 2020.
• Darling, F. (2019). Incorporating cultural assets in Yucatec Maya math classrooms. Opportunities missed? Journal of Mathematics and Culture. 13(1), 20-60.
• Darling, F. (January, 2019). SRJC Lecture & Arts, Santa Rosa, CA. Making Cultural Assets Count: Funds of knowledge in a Yucatec Maya math classrooms.
• Darling, F. (2017). Outsider Indigenous Research: Dancing the Tightrope Between Etic and Emic Perspectives. Forum: Qualitative Social Research. 17(3).
• Darling, F. (November, 2016). Psychology of Mathematics Education-North America (PME-NA) Conference, Tucson, AZ. Making Cultural Assets Count: Community approaches to problem-solving in Yucatec Maya math classrooms.
• Darling, F. (July, 2016). American Psychological Association(APA) Society for the Study of Culture, Ethnicity, and Race Conference, Stanford, CA. Is this math? Community approaches to problem-solving in a Yucatec Maya village.
• Darling, F. (2012). Book Review of Maths in the Kimberley: Reforming Mathematics in Remote Indigenous Communities by R. Jorgensen, P. Sullivan, P. Grootenboer, R. Niesche, S. Lerman, and J. Boaler International Journal of Multicultural Education. 14(1).
• Interview, The Best of Our Knowledge, host Bob Barrett, WAMC Northeast Public Radio December, 2019
• Interview, Education Today, Kitty Kelly Epstein, KPFA 94.1FM , August 9, 2019.
• Interview, Modern Education, Ben Woodford, Stanford’s KZSU 90.1FM , May 18, 2019
• Teachin’ It! Youtube Channel. Felicia Darling interviews community college instructors and students.